- Jason Hong's Grad School Advice Page
The resources on this page, in particular the ones the author himself marked as his favorites, were extremely informative and enlightening.
- "Advice for Prospective Research Students" by David Evans
- "Advice to Graduate School Recommendation Letter Writers" by Shriram Krishnamurthi
- "Choosing the Right Grad School" by Danah Boyd
- "Get into grad school for science, engineering, math and computer science" by Matt Might
- National Science Foundation's Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
Not sure about the GRFP application process? Not sure what makes an application competitive? This is a one stop shop for all that plus more.
- Prestigious Graduate Fellowship Information
This is a collection of resources by UIUC's CS department. It contains links to databases of fellowships, advice on how to essays for fellowships and essay examples.
- "How to Win a Graduate Fellowship" by Michael Kiparsky
- "A Ph.D. thesis proposal is a contract" by Matt Might
- "How to Write a Bad Article" by Frédo Durand
- "You and Your Research" by Richard Hamming
- "Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" by Randy Pausch
- "Time Management" by Randy Pausch
- "What can the world tell us about an image?" by Alexei Efros