I am currently pursuing my Ph.D. in Computer Science at the University of California, Irvine (UCI). I am also a member of the Computational Vision Group at UCI, where I work with Professor Charless Fowlkes. I received my B.Sc. degree in 2010 from UCI majoring in Computer Science and minoring in Japanese Language and Literature.
My research interests spans multiple disciplines, from computer vision to cognitive science. Problems that I am particularly excited about are: object recognition, active learning, and scene understanding.
- September 2017: I will be mentoring at Portola High School through the AppJam+ program.
- September 6, 2017: Our paper received the Best Industrial Paper Award Honourable Mention at BMVC 2017!
- July 2017: Our paper "Cross-Domain Forensic Shoeprint Matching" has been accepted to BMVC 2017 for an oral presentation.
- May 2017: I will be presenting a poster on our shoeprint forensics work at the 2017 CSAFE All Hands Meeting in Ames, IA.
- February 2017: I will be mentoring at Rancho San Joaquin Middle School through the AppJam+ program.
- October 2016: James and I will be presenting a poster on our shoeprint forensics work at the Symposium on Recent Advancements in Data Science.
- September 2016: I will be mentoring at Jordan Intermediate School through the AppJam+ program.
- June 2016: I will be mentoring at Cerro Villa Middle School through the AppJam+ program.
- Fall 2017 - AppJam+ - Portola High School - Mentor
- Spring 2017 - AppJam+ - Rancho San Joaquin Middle School - Mentor
- Feb. 3, 2017 - CS116 Computational Photography and Vision - Guest Lecturer
- Fall 2016 - AppJam+ - Jordan Intermediate School - Mentor
- Summer 2016 - AppJam+ - Cerro Villa Middle School - Mentor
- Spring 2014 - ICS31 Introduction to Programming - Teaching Assistant
- Winter 2014 - CS116 Computational Photography and Vision - Reader
- Fall 2013 - CS117 Project in Computer Vision - Teaching Assistant