I am currently pursuing my Ph.D. in Computer Science at the University of California, Irvine (UCI). I am also a member of the Computational Vision Group at UCI, where I work with Professor Charless Fowlkes. I received my B.Sc. degree in 2010 from UCI majoring in Computer Science and minoring in Japanese Language and Literature.
My research interests spans multiple disciplines, from computer vision to cognitive science. Problems that I am particularly excited about are: object recognition, active learning, and scene understanding.
- May 2017: I will be presenting a poster on our shoeprint forensics work at the 2017 CSAFE All Hands Meeting in Ames, IA.
- February 2017: I will be mentoring at Rancho San Joaquin Middle School through the AppJam+ program.
- October 2016: James and I will be presenting a poster on our shoeprint forensics work at the Symposium on Recent Advancements in Data Science.
- September 2016: I will be mentoring at Jordan Intermediate School through the AppJam+ program.
- June 2016: I will be mentoring at Cerro Villa Middle School through the AppJam+ program.
- June 2014: I will be interning at Intel Labs this summer!
- Fall 2013 - CS117 Project in Computer Vision - Teaching Assistant
- Winter 2014 - CS116 Computational Photography and Vision - Reader
- Spring 2014 - ICS31 Introduction to Programming - Teaching Assistant
- Summer 2016 - AppJam+ - Cerro Villa Middle School - Mentor
- Fall 2016 - AppJam+ - Jordan Intermediate School - Mentor
- Feb. 3, 2017 - CS116 Computational Photography and Vision - Guest Lecturer
- Spring 2017 - AppJam+ - Rancho San Joaquin Middle School - Mentor